Wednesday 28 February 2007

ITW with Ewen Fernandez

-Hey ewen could you introduce yourself in few words?

-I'm Ewen Fernandez,i'm 18 and i'm living in Bouayes in the suburb of Nantes.During the week i'm living in Nantes in a special building for sportsmen and i'm also studying in a special school what allows me to train twice a day with my teammate Thomas Boucher and Yann Guyader and some other French skaters.

-You join the Matter-World inline center team for your first year senior with 4 former world champion,i guess it will be such a cool experience for you to skate with world class skaters along the marathon season isn't it?What are the main goals for you during this very first season in the world circus?

-I always dreamed to join one day a Top team and contest the biggest races worldwide like the World-Inline-Cup and this dream comes true thanks to Matter and Powerslide because they gave me the opportunity to race the Biggest marathon worldwide.The coming season is gonna be a great experience for me because i'll race with big champions(My mates)and versus the fastest guy on earth.I'm eager to race my very first big marathon.I'm realistic i know it is gonna be tough at the beginning cause i'm a new comer on the WIC and everybody has a big experience but i will do my best to help my mate on order to catch some good results.I know that's what i have to do, to become one day the leader of a top team, that's the game.I really don't wanna disappoint Matter and Powerslide cause they gave me a really good apportunity to show everybody what i'm able to do and i know there's a lot of skater that like to be in such a team.
My goals for this very first season in senior with the Matter team are; first to help my mates as much as possible at each marathon and get some podium at the national champs in order to be in the national team for the European and World championships.

-You raced last week in Portugal with the French national team with your mate Thomas Boucher, it seems you done quite well ,tell us in few word about this experience.

-This race was my first race in senior and it was a good way to learn the way to skate against world class skaters like Pier Davide Romani and Garikoitz Lerga, it was also my first race with the senior national team. There was already a good complicity and we found easily automatism.I was always focused and i was listening to Thomas's advices in order to work as well as possible and help him to catch the victory easily.I learned a lot with Thomas ,because the races are a way different from junior races.I wish i will learn a lot along the season with Nelson, Jorges, Yann and Thomas and continue to improve myself.

-For this very first season in senior your race schedule will be smaller than the other member of the Matter -World inline center team,you will contest the French Inline Cup and three world-cups abroad(Basel,Sempach and Berlin), how do feel and what is your approach before the coming races pretty different from the traditionnal races you were used to skate?

-I really enjoy skating marathon eventhough it has to be raced a way different from the traditionnal races.I'll have to stay wise during the first K on order not to be done after 10k.I feel pretty good and i'm ready to rumble.I'm no so nervous, i would say i'm eager to race with my mates and work for them till i'm dying :).I think i can be usefull for them as i got 2nd last year at the marathon of the World championship in Anyang "Korea" behind Peter Michael member of the Powerslide phuzion team.

-Aside from the marathon with Matter , being member of French national team is also a goal for you isn't it?

-The national team is and will always be a goal for me,i think it's an honor to represent his country at Euros and Worlds.Moreover i dream to contest the Worldchampionship in the coming seasons, that's why it's important to me to be part of the team

-Anything to add?

-I just would like to say a BIG THANK to Matter and all the Poweslide crew(Matthias, Jurgen, Joost, Patrick etc) for giving me the opportunity to race at the highest level and having confidence in me.
-I also would like to thank Thomas Boucher and Yann Guyader because thanks to them i achieved my dream while joining the Matter team and they are also helping me a lot daily at the training while giving me a lot of advices
-Last thank to my coatches Pacal Briand, Arnaud Gicquel and Chrystelle Bouchet


I'M READY FOR THE SEASON TO START


No comments: